1. Nobody knows yet how many people have become earthquake victims. Making sacrifices is always a part ofbringing up children. Success in yourjob is not worth the sacrifices of your family.
2. I’d like to say that I have a great affection for your country and its people. I don’t trust her: everything she says about her feelings isjust an affectation. All his life he had a deep affection for his parents.
3. The temperature was about 30°C in the shade. As the sun set, the shadows became longer. The incident frightened him so much that now he is afraid ofhis own shadow.
4. This is the best piece of news I’ve heard in many days. The touching scene brought a lump to my throat. I hate it when there are lumps in my porridge.
5. Everybody knows that smoking affects health. Her new smart dress produced quite an effect on everyone. The disease affected the child’s heart, unfortunately.
6. We expect a new accord to be signed between the countries. Soon there appeared some discord in their relations. The awful discords of the song were more than I could take and I turned off the television.