1. The laughter died away, and there was silence.
2. Can we stop soon? I’m dying for the toilet.
3. I wanted the noise to die down before I spoke.
4. The tribe’s traditional way of life is dying out.
5. All dinosaurs died out when it became too cold for them.
6. Ann says she is dying for a cup of coffee.
7. I think the wind has died down a bit.
8. Bears died out in Britain over 100 years ago.
9. As we moved, the light became gradually less and less and finally died away.
10. The excitement soon died down and we were able to discuss our plans.
11. The practice of children working in factories has died out in England.
12. “The fire is dying down,” said one of firefighters.
13. Uncle George is a heavy smoker. Every hour he says, “I’m dying for a cigarette.”
14. The wind is dying down. I don’t think we will be able to fly a kite.
15. We left at once. For some time we could hear the noise of the party, the music and laughter which soon died away.