1. This area has been badly affected by pollution.
2. In modern societies children often become victims of domestic violence.
3. Have you made any arrangement for a meeting with the manager?
4. The young man knew he had received the job by sheer luck.
5. The old lady sat on the porch crying out of sheer helplessness.
6. John gasped with pain having cut his finger.
7. After running such a long distance the child was breathing in short gasps.
8. Would you like another piece of cake?
9. They have come to an arrangement about their experiment.
10. That’s a very sad piece of news.
11. In their childhood the Robinson children lived in extreme poverty.
12. We sat in the shadow of the bush admiring the view in front of us.
13. What other masterpieces by this artist can you mention?
14. Giving up smoking had a magical effect on his illness.