1. When Mr Davis became sixty-two he was forced to retire which
2. When Barbara heard the happy news
3. The newly wedded couple was the picture of happiness looking
4. When the boy understood he was going on the trip with the rest of the children
5. When Paul’s team lost the final
6. When Sally saw herself on the TV screen
7. The children were allowed to have as many rides as they wanted
8. When the scientist realised that his experiment was a success
9. John’s dog died
10. The show was closed and all the actors
11. When Harry proposed to her, it was the happiest moment in her life
12. After so many years their first child was born to them
a she became thrilled and excited.
b he was on cloud nine.
c he felt really low about it.
d so they were on top of the world.
e which made him feel heartbroken.
f her face lit up.
g he smiled a beaming smile.
h bright-eyed and radiant.
i cast a shadow on the rest of his life.
j were in low spirits.
k so they were over the moon.
l she felt she could float on air.