It’s common knowledge that people find delight in different things. We also take life differently.
The lucky ones
• are always on the bright side;
• feel cheerful, happy-go-lucky, good-natured, optimistic and positive.
When we are happy we
• walk/float on air;
• are over the moon;
• are on top of the world;
• feel ecstatic, overjoyed, content;
• are on cloud nine;
• are in high spirits.
When we are happy everything goes right:
• things look up
• the future looks bright/rosy
• we feel calm, relaxed and light-hearted
• we become sociable, playful and frivolous
• we are self-confident and self-satisfied
Happy people even look different:
• their eyes shine
• their smiles are beaming or dazzling
• they look radiant
• their faces light up
• they become excited, thrilled, enthusiastic and active Pessimists often
• feel melancholic, irritable, moody and resentful;
• feel down/low about a lot of things;
• are in low spirits/in a black mood;
• feel blue/depressed.
Even little troubles (to say nothing of major problems
• cast a shadow over their lives;
• lead to a gloomy, bleak or dismal outlook;
• make them feel edgy, touchy or nervous, heartbroken, disappointed or disillusioned;
• result in their being lonely, bitter or hostile.
Try to learn to be happy and optimistic and
• remember that life is full of compensations;
• don’t forget that there are always options, alternatives and possibilities from which to choose;
• seek out and remember the joyful moments;
• reflect on the past, look forward to the future but accept and cherish every pleasant moment;
• remember that happiness is made, not found;
• create happiness for others;
• fill your life with a lot of beautiful and worthy things; remember that happiness begins in your family;
• try to look cheerful and happy even when you’re not: do it for the sake of others.