1) Why has Ann written this letter? Use the Word Box to learn the meaning of the highlighted words.
I know that a lot of children don't pay attention to their health but since I became a teenager I have been more concerned about what I eat and the balance of exercise in my life.
1. Walk where you can and get involved in some kind of sport.
2. Limit your TV and computer time.
3. Don't skip your meals, and it will help you to give up snacking.
4. Avoid late night snacking.
5. if only junk food is sold at your school, tell the school that they need to change the menu! Junk food should be banned at school.
6. Drink lots of water not Coke.
7. Do not smoke. Smoking makes you ill.
8. Be positive and believe in yourself.
9. Smile, laugh and be kind!
to pay attention (to) - обращать внимание (на)
to limit - ограничивать
to avoid - избегать
junk food - нездоровая еда (junk утиль, отбросы)
to ban – запрещать
2) Does Ann live a healthy lifestyle? How can you prove it?
3) What do you think Ann’s lifestyle was before?
Perhaps, she didn’t use to ... Perhaps, she used to