1) What information does the survey provide about British teenagers’ travel habits? Use the words from the Word Box to complete the results of the survey.
• 92% of both boys and girls want to go … for their holidays.
• 3% of teenagers say that their parents can’t … travelling abroad.
• 86% of both boys and girls choose Disneyland* in America as their favourite travel …
• 17% of teenagers think that visiting travel … is fun.
• 74% of teenagers think that holidays are boring and Wouk like to travel … their own.
• 46% of girls and 29% of boys prefer to stay at the seaside … with nice beaches.
• 35% of girls and 21% of boys choose hotel as holiday …
• 27% of teenagers like to visit … tourist attractions.
• 10% of teenagers … to go on excursions with organised groups.
• 49% of teenagers hate guided … tours.
2) Listen to the information about the results of the survey and check if yoi were right, (listening for the main idea)
Results of a British teenage holiday survey show that 92 % of both boys and girls would go abroad for their holidays. Only 3 % of the teenagers said that their parents can’t afford travelling abroad. Half of the teenagers chose America as their ideal holiday place. And 86 % of the teenagers chose Disneyland as their favourite holiday destination. 17 % of the teenagers think that visiting travel agencies is fun. 74 % of the teenagers think that package holidays are boring and would like to travel on their own. 46 % of the girls and 29 % of the boys said that they prefer to stay at the seaside resorts with nice beaches. About half of the teenagers preferred to stay in a hotel. Hotels were especially popular with the girls. 35 % of the girls and 21 % of the boys chose hotel as holiday accommodation. Teenagers like a lot to see and do on holidays. But only 27 % of the teenagers said that they like to go sightseeing and visit different tourist attractions. 10 % of the teenagers prefer to go on excursions with organised groups. All the teenagers think that travelling is exciting, but not by car or coach. 49 % of the teenagers hate guided coach tours. Travelling by air came top. A lot of teenagers chose travelling by plane.
3) What can you say about British teenagers’ travel habits?
It is (not) surprising that
It is interesting that ...+
4) Organise a similar survey in your class and learn about your classmates holiday habits. (Activity Book ex. 1)