Упр.3 Unit 3 Reader
ГДЗ English Кузовлев 10-11 класс
1) What is the author's attitude towards each of them? (reading for the main idea/understanding the writer's attitude)
LEARNING TO LEARN
In the story you can feel that the author's attitude towards the human beings he describes may be one of: indifference, sympathy, pity, admiration, respect, hiding concern, criticism, disgust.
A. What is a bonehead?
Bonehead is the term used by true skinheads to describe pretenders to the cult. Most often these are Nazis whose only interest in the cult comes from their racist views.
Typical bonehead warning signs
1. bald heads
2. very wide suspenders
3. twenty hole zippered army boots
4. heavy metal T-shirts
5. swazzies,* Celtic crosses,* confederate flags,* etc. on flight jackets
6. noticeable lack of IQ*
None of these is an instant bonehead membership card, but together they should give you a good idea where someone stands.
B. What is a Chelsea girl (or renee)?
Chelseas are female skinheads. The name derives from the typical female skinhead haircut, short on top and longer around the sides. A smartly dressed skinhead girl needs shiny boots or shoes, nylons, and a plaid (в клетку) skirt. At less formal times they can also be seen in the typical male skinhead clothes. True skinhead girls are rare and deserving of respect because of the amount of efforts it takes to be a skinhead and a woman.
2) What are the key words (or sentences) used by the author to show the attitude?
3) Choose one representative from the above and draw a picture of this person. Give captions.