Упр.1 Unit 3 Reader
ГДЗ English Кузовлев 10-11 класс
1) Read about the organisation, which was once the only youth organisation in this country. What were the aims of the organisation? (reading for specific information)
The All-Union Leninist Young Communist League, or Komsomol, is a mass public and political organisation of young people from the age of 14 to 28. The date of birth of the Komsomol is October, 1918.
The Leninist Komsomol is the vanguard, leader and the organiser of all the young people of our country. The Komsomol is a school for youth. About four million young people join the Komsomol every year.
Under the political guidance of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union the Komsomol teaches the young generation to live, work, and struggle for the triumph of communist ideals. The aim of the Komsomol is to build communism.
The Komsomol helps the Party to educate the youth in the revolutionary and labour traditions of our country and to develop in them the feeling of Soviet patriotism, friendship among the peoples of the Soviet Union and proletarian, socialist internationalism.
The Komsomol helps the Party to bring up the younger generation in the spirit of communist morality, collectivism and comradeship, in the spirit of communist attitude to work and to socialist property.
In 1986 the Komsomol had more than 42,000,000 members. And about 60 per cent of them worked in the national economy.
During the period of time from 1918 till 1986 more than 160,000,000 Soviet people passed through the school of the Komsomol. They became state ministers, world famous scientists and writers, famous cosmonauts, veterans of the Civil and Great Patriotic War.
2) Which words that you can guess by analogy with the Russian language can help you to understand what the text is about? Fill in the table using the following information.
-ist, -er, -ism, -ity, -ship
• people's politics, beliefs and ideologies
• abstract nouns especially showing status
What Is Hot with the Young Generation?
• a follower of the stated religion or set of principles or ideas
• someone who does something
• the state of having a particular quality
Add some of these suffixes to the following words and use them in the examples of your own. Fill in the table.
conform, liberal, rebel, Rastafarian, collective
3) What is the author's intention? (understanding the writer's intention)
LEARNING TO LEARN
It is impossible to understand the story if you don't understand the aim or intention of the author (to convince the reader, to give him/her information, to criticize, to teach the reader smth, to prove smth).