1. Who is the narrator (рассказчик) of the story? —Mila Selensky, who lives and works in Ipswich
2. How many children does she have? —She has two children
3. Where did they go? — They went to Christchurch Perk and then to Santa’s Grotto
4. What surprised the narrator? —The mother was surprised by the children’s enthusiasm)
5. Where was Santa's Grotto? — The Santa’s Grotto was on the second floor in the shopping mall)
6. What did the narrator and her children join? — the narrator and her children joined the queue
7. What had they forgotten to buy? — The had forgotten to buy the tickets
8. What did Santa's Grotto look like? — There was half light and the room was covered with glittering snow. There were dwarfs and the reindeer. In the middle of the Grotto the was Santa who was surrounded by boxes with presents.
9. How did the narrator feel? — The narrator felt awkward and ashamed because she had forgotten to buy the tickets
10. What did the narrator say to her children? — She said that they would get the present on the Russians Christmas.
11. What did the narrator say to Santa? — She said to Santa the same as she had said to her children
12. How did Santa react? — Santa was surprised to hear that the children were from Russia
13. Did the children get any presents from Santa? Why? / Why not? — Santa talked to the boys and gave them presents
14. What did the narrator do after they left the Grotto? —The narrator paid for the presents after they had left the Grotto
15. Does the narrator believe in Santa Claus? Why? / Why not? — The narrator began to believe in people kindness