You are just one of 6,000 million people, who live on our Earth. So can your actions really make a difference to its future?
The answer is yes, they certainly can. Because if you try to live in a way that will save the world rather than destroy it, you won't be alone. Your example will encourage your friends and family to do the same. Then they will tell their friends and families about helping lo care for the environment.
Here are some ways in which you, your friends and your family can begin trying to save the Earth right now.
1. Try not to waste energy.
2. Keep yourself informed about environmental problems.
3. Before you throw anything away, stop and think. Might someone else have a use for it?
4. Take as much rubbish as you can to local recycling centres.
5. If you have a choice avoid buying packaged goods.
6. Don't waste paper.
7. Before you buy anything, ask yourself if you really need it.
8. Walk or cycle whenever possible.
9. Never drop litter.
10. Help to clean up your local environment.
11. Try to reduce noise pollution.
12. Put out food for wild animals in winter.
Here are several points towards saving the Earth. It won't always be easy to follow them. Your friends and family may not always agree with you. And if you can manage to carry out at least some of them, you will know that you are contributing towards saving the Earth.