1. The cello is a_instrument.
a) brass b) string c) keyboard
2. “Presto” is a tempo marking meaning__
a) “very fast” b) “in moderate time” c) “slowly”
3. Tenor is__
a) higher than soprano b) higher than bass [beis]
c) the highest of the four pitches (alto, bass, soprano and tenor)
4. “Forte” is a dynamic marking meaning__
a) “soft” b) “quiet” c) “loud”
5. An octet is a group of_musicians.
a) six b) seven c) eight
6. Do(h) is the note on the sol-fa musical scale.
a) first b) last c) first and the last
7. Percussion instruments produce sounds by being__
a) blown into b) struck c) pinched
8. A is usually based on a religious text.
a) cantata b) concerto c) sonata