1 Match a first part (1-6) with a second part (B-G) to make correct sentences.
0 If I could spend time with someone famous,
1 If you put less gel in your hair,
2 If I went out tonight,
3 I would always wear high-heeled shoes
4 You would look absolutely gorgeous
5 You have to read fashion magazines
6 If you take off this horrible shoulder-padded jacket,
A if you want to look smart and trendy.
В I would put on my new brightly coloured pinafore and embroidered leather boots.
С it will look more natural.
D if you put on these light blue jeans and this bright cardigan!
E if I were not as tall as I am.
F you will look much better.
G I would choose Stella McCartney, the British fashion designer.
2 Match a first part (1-6) with a second part (B-G) to make correct sentences then transform the first conditional sentences into second conditional sentences. Put commas (,) where necessary.
0 This tight tracksuit will fit you soon
This tight tracksuit would fit you soon if you kept on jogging every day.
if you kept on jogging every day, this tight tracksuit would fit you soon.
1 If you pay less attention to your appearance
2 If you use your imagination
3 If it rains
4 Your Mum will be delighted
5 I will buy this funky bracelet
6 If I buy this tartan scarf
A if you keep on jogging every day.
В you can take my new umbrella.
С you will have more time for school.
D you will spend less money on your clothes.
E If you lend me some money
F if you put on those ripped trousers instead of this baggy denim skirt.
G will it match my new overcoat?
3. Transform the following sentences into second conditional sentences. Make necessary changes. I can’t buy this pair of shoes. They are not my size. If the shoes were my size, I would buy them.
1) I can’t wear this shirt. It does not match my trousers.
2) I don’t wear this coat. It is out of fashion.
3) He does not put on that cap. It does not suit him.
4) I can’t put on this cardigan. It is too tight.
5) I have to take a raincoat. It is going to rain.
6) He is short. He can’t afford to wear shoulder-padded suits.