1) Make sentences.
Grammar hint Present Perfect Progressive or Present Perfect Simple
I have been taking regular exercise for two weeks. (Важен процесс и длительность. )
I have visited the sport club four times. (Действие закончилось, важен результат.)
0) Children in the UK / eat less vegetables and fruit / since 1980.
Children in the UK have been eating less vegetables and fruit since 1980.
2) Put the verbs in the correct verb forms (Present Perfect Progressive or Present Perfect Simple).
0) I’ve been dieting (to diet) for 8 weeks. I’ve lost (to lose) 3 pounds.
1) I have been dieting for the past few years. I have tried) all sorts of diets.
2) I have been doing a lot of sports during the last month. I have played three types of games.
3) I have been studying a lot for the last week. I have written two essays.
4) I have been travelling lot for the last two years. I have visited four countries.
5) My friend has been smoking for two years. He has got problems with his health.
6) I have been taking dancing lessons for a month. I have learnt three dances.
2 The British government pays great attention to kids’ health. Here are some facts.
Complete the sentences using the correct verb forms (Present Perfect Progressive or Present Perfect Passive).
Grammar hint Present Perfect Progressive or Present Perfect Passive
- A new club has been built
- I have been visiting this club for two weeks
Junk food (0) has been banned (to ban) from schools since September 2006. Kids (1) Have been eating healthier food since then. Machines (2) have been selling milk, water and fruit instead of chocolate and crisps since that time. School cooks (3) have been making school meals better all the time. Foods high in salt, fat and sugar (4) have been banned
Smoking (5) has been known, since 1954, to be the cause of dangerous diseases. Passive smoking is also very dangerous. In the UK adults (6 ) have been smoking less since the 1980s. But young people (7) have been making themselves ill for many years. Smoking (8) has been banned in public places like restaurants and bars in Scotland since March 2006. Similar bans (9) have been introduced in Ireland, Norway and parts of the US.
All alcohol (10) has been banned from British football stadiums since 1985.