Listen to the information about St Valentine’s Day and correct the wrong words and cross out extra words.
0) St Valentine’s Day is widely celebrated on the 14th of February in many Christian states. countries
1) There are many legends that are connected with the holiday. Day
2) One of the legends tells us about Valentine, a Christian priest who lived three hundred years before Christ in Rome. No
3) Today it is the capital of Italy. No
4) He married Christians and the Romans didn’t ignore it. Couldn’t
5) They sent Valentine to prison and killed him on the 14th of February. No
6) According to a legend Valentine wrote letters from the prison to his friends and relatives who missed him. Children
7) Today St Valentine’s Day is the only day for people who love each other.
8) It is day when you show your friends or the people you love that you care. No
9) People send sweets or flowers or cards to someone they think is special.
10) Most-people send “valentines” or greetings cards, they may be sentimental and romantic, funny and friendly. No
11) Some people send a valentine without giving their names on them.
12) People of all ages love to send and to receive greetings cards. Valentines
13) Valentines can be heart - shaped or have hearts, the sign of love, on them. Symbol