1) Listen to their stories and guess who is who in the photos. (One photo is extra.) (listening for the main idea)
2) Do Helen, Bob and Kate care about their health?
Helen Swan: I am going to be a supermodel, so how I look is important to me. I try not to eat much. I don’t eat junk food. And I try to eat a lot of fruit and vegetables. They are good for the body. Some friends think I am crazy but I weigh everything and count calories. I will never smoke. I don’t want to have unhealthy skin and teeth. I would like to be fitter that is why I have been going to dance classes for a year. But I wouldn’t like to exercise too much because I don’t want to look muscular. My friends think I look great. Being healthy for me is being fit and looking good.
Kate Walter: I have been exercising and eating healthily all my life, but I am not slim. I am plump and I don’t feel concerned. I have the right weight. I am still growing and my weight may disappear when I grow. I know if you are less than 16, it is dangerous to diet. It is more important to be healthy no matter1 what size you are. I try not to skip meals as some of my friends do to look slimmer. I know some slim girls who do not take regular exercise and I know a lot of people who are not slim but they are sporty and healthy. Feeling good about yourself means being healthy.
Bob Murphy: I think people who worry about what they eat are crazy. I never worry about my health. Maybe I will pay more attention to my health when I grow up. When you are a teenager, eating healthily isn’t cool. All my friends eat chips and hamburgers at school. Junk food tastes so nice, I want to eat it You may think I am inactive but I don’t have time to exercise. I have so much homework to do. I know that sleeping enough, eating healthily and regularly, taking regular exercise is a good way to live. But I am not ready to live a health} lifestyle. Maybe later. My present lifestyle is okay for me. After all we choose what way to live.
3) Read the opinions and answer the questions. Prove it from the texts.
• Why does Helen look great?
• What does it mean for Helen to be healthy?
• What does Kate look like?
• Why is Kate happy with her appearance?
• What does it mean for Kate to be healthy?
• Why doesn’t Bob worry about his health?
• Why does Bob like his lifestyle?
4) In each opinion there are some sensible and questionable thoughts.
What are they according to your point of view?