1) What are Philip’s questions? What do you think?
— Tell me about, your family?
— My family is small. Besides mum and dad, there’s only my sister, Kim, who is 19 and me. I’m 15.
- Could you describe LA itself to us? What are you feeling about it?
— Los Angeles is a large city. Its population is about 14 million people. You can meet people from different countries in the city, but I think that it is very Spanish in character. You can hear the Spanish language everywhere and there are many Spanish street names.
- What kind of place is Long Beach? What is life like there?
— Long Beach is really a good place to live in. It’s got a nice beach. There are lots of places to go to — amusement parks, theatres and shopping centres, and the weather is really good.
- How do you compare Long Beach and Los Angeles?
— Los Angeles is much bigger than Long Beach. There are a lot of buildings and a lot of people. The greatest contrast between the city and Long Beach is that the people in Los Angeles are not as friendly as in Long Beach.
- How is life in California different from life in other parts of America?
— Life is faster in California, especially1 in Los Angeles. Besides there are more people in California than in other states.
2) What else would you like to ask Liza and Philip about?