1. Which is the language most spoken in the world?
a) Chinese b) English c) Russian
2. How many people speak English as their first language?
a) about 375 million b) over 200 million c) a billion and a half
3. Which of these languages has the most words?
a) Russian b) French c) English
4. Which language is most like English?
a) German b) Latin c) Irish
5. Which language is most like Russian?
a) Polish b) Ukrainian c) Moldavian
6. How many words do people really use for their everyday communication?
a) about 10,000 b) about 3,000 c) about 200
7. How many languages are there in the world?
a) 6,800 b) more than 10,000 c) over 1,000
8. Which language is the youngest of the three?
a) Scottish b) English c) Latin