0) World championships have been attended (to attend) by Russian ice hockey players since 1954.
1) Rhythmic gymnastics national contests have been organized since 1951.
2) The “Dinamo” Club was organised in 1923.
3) The “Spartak” Club was founded in 1935.
4) National championships in volleyball have been held since 1933.
5) The Central Red Army Sports Club (CSKA) was founded in 1923.
6) The first sport organisation Tiarlevo Sports Enthusiasts Club in Russia was started in 1888.
7) Ice dancing has been included in the Olympic programme since 1976. Soviet dancers L. Pakhomova and A. Gorshkov were awarded the gold medal there.
2. Here are some interesting facts from the history of the Olympics. Complete the sentences using the correct verb forms.
0) For the first time women took part (to take part) in the Olympic Games in 1900.
1) The first Olympic village was built in 1932.
2) The Asian Olympics have been organized since 1964.
3) The first Olympic Games in the southern hemisphere (полушарие) were held in 1956.
4) The sportsmen from 202 countries took part) in the XXVIII Olympic Games in Athens.
5) Curling has been included into the Olympic programme since 1998.
6) The Winter Olympic Games have been held since 1924.
7) Swimming has been included in the Olympic programme since the first Olympic Games.
8) The first international figure skating competition took place in Vienna in 1882.